Tuesday, July 26, 2011

He's back and here to stay for a while, anyway

I struggled with how to make this post interesting and meaningful.

Then last night as I was setting the table for dinner....it hit me.
As I was counting out the place mats I counted 6 and I said no it's 5 but it is 6!

I get to set the table for 6 again!

We put Colby in college as a freshman in September and promptly moved to Utah and left him in Washington and except for visits and vacations home I have been setting the table for 5 for FIVE long years. What a joy it is to me to lay 6 place mats around the table.

Also we have said in our prayers Bless Colby and Roofus whereever they are.  It turned into a habit  and we have almost said while he is sitting with us!

Many nights I wondered what and how he was eating. He says it's better I did not know!



Good bye to Central Wa University

Goodbye to Jack In The Box (none in Utah)

Goodbye to the park where he played with Roofus


Roofus loved this park


Goodbye to his friends and college house. 

You get to come Roofus!


He packed as much as he could but he had to leave so much behind,  he's got his memories, his track awards, his computers and alot of clothes and a degree!
After he had been here about week he realized he had not even entered his kitchen to pack anything.  He left all that there!

So here we are setting the table for 6 and loving every minute of it!