Friday, November 12, 2010

Schrammed

You've been Schrammed...no, not scammed, Schrammed:

A boy came into the office at 1:30. He said his stomach hurt. I said do you want to call your mom? I only asked his first name.....once again triage at lunch and I was a bit tired of the kids and this on and on onslaught of kids. We called and left his mom a message and I offered for him to sit on the nurses room bed to see if she called back.

Only a minute later a younger girl came in wearing a name tag so I knew her first name and I asked her last name and she said Schram. She said her belly hurt. I hate that slang word, it just rubs me the wrong way but anyway I called her mom and I did not even notice it was the same number I just called. Her mom answered live and she told me she was not coming home and talked to her and we sent her back to class.

I went back to work and in about 10 minutes our principal walked by and said as he passed the nurses room, Mr Schram what are you doing here? I jumped out of my chair and ran in there...Is your last name Schram?
I called the mom back and said have you listened to your message? I have your son down here he came first and then your daughter came down, you talked to your daughter but your son is still here!

She talked to him and we sent him back to class and Karen who works with me turned to me and said "You've been Scrammed!" cute huh.