Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Kids at School

I was waiting until the end of November to post this but I just can't wait and I can always update it:
In the month of NOVEMBER we have already had 21 new students. Alot of first graders.

Today a new family came and wants to enroll their 2 students. It's a first grader and a fourth grader. I tell the first grader who is looking really scared that we have had a lot of first graders come into our school and just this month, just in the month of November we have had 7 new first graders. I get all their paperwork and have them meet the vice principal and as they are walking out the door the mom says to the little girl, "see it will be ok they have had 7 new students this month."
As the door swings shut I yell after her oh no, you heard me wrong we have had 21 new students this month and your 2 new ones make it 23!!!!!!!! She was long gone but I felt better.

I wish I could go into detail what it takes when we get a new student but I won't .......... sheese 23 in one month. It's the equivalent of a class but no wait our classes are huge with 30 in them and our population at our school ......... 1212 no wait.........1214 and 7 first grade classes FYI.