Friday, July 11, 2014

THANKS


Many of you don't know that I received Employee of the Year at Westlake on the last day of school.

 Many of you don't know that I applied for a different job at Westlake and did not get it and I was sad.

  Many of you know that my hours were cut last year and I was reduced to only 29 hours and was given a helper to process my freight.  

Many of you don't know how hard it was to share my room and my job and my space.The good part of it was that I met a great person in this process who I will always be friends with 

As I anticipated starting my 4th year at this job, I really was not that excited.  I was praying for a change.  
Yesterday and today I got an answer to my prayers. My principal called and asked if I could come in for an appointment on Thursday morning.  I went and he offered me more hours this year.  I was given until Monday or Tuesday to decide.  He said he thought of me first but if I did not want them, he needed to know to give them to another employee.  As I was driving home I was thinking about if I could make it work again.  I came home and weighed the pros and cons and thought and thought.  

I emailed him this morning with the acceptance. I feel so blessed both to have more hours, and to be doing what I love again this year, because of this I feel like I have value there.