Friday, April 18, 2014

an random act of kindness

One of my favorite math teachers came in 2 days ago to the copy center in the morning.  I always noticed her beautiful ruby and diamond tennis bracelet but this day she was not wearing it.  I asked her, "Where is your bracelet?"  She teared up and said she lost it sometime the day previous.  She had been at school, Walmart and pumped gas.  I suggested she tell the office and the custodians that she had lost it.
     Meanwhile during this conversation a special ed English teacher came in and was organizing paperwork to get copied.
     Traci came back to the door of the copy center with glassy eyes holding her bracelet.  It had been found and turned in.  I helped put it back on her wrist all the while we were talking about how great it was that it was found. 
    Lesa said, "Oh, is that yours?  I found it this morning as I was coming in at 6:30.  Normally, I don't walk with my head down but I was carrying a bunch of stuff and I was looking down and I spotted it in the crack of the sidewalk."
It was such a good experience.  Traci's bracelet was found and Lesa was so honest to turn it in.