Thursday, July 18, 2013

"" Taking a Trip Down Memory Lane .....in Washington"

This picture was taken in Pt Defiance Park in Tacoma. I stood under the tress and looked up and almost fell over. I was amazed at the stillness and peace I felt under the trees. It was a thick forest.
 Something I took for granted until I moved to the desert.
I cried and made my kids get out of the car to feel the spongey dirt and pine needles.  The moss growing on everything was the best.  If I thought it would live I would have pulled off some of that fuzzy goodness, stuffed it on a Ziplock bag and brought it home. 
Kelsi and Logan on the Pier at Gene Coulon Park in Renton.
Kim and I with the beautiful water and land behind us. 
This is the road heading into Gene Coulon Park in Renton.  It has not changed a bit.  How we loved this park, a swimming area, a boat dock and an eating area with 2 restaurants, Ivars and Kidd Valley.
Boeing is right next to this park.  They actually have prime real estate!  Loaded on train cars was this piece of a jet.  Boeing is such a strong force in the Northwest.  It is commonplace for the people who live here to see this and I had forgotten what a part of their lives the airline industry is.
Cute kids, beautiful surroundings.
Ivars Fish and Chips!