Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Betsi Mom

When I married my husband I met the sweetest lady.  She raised 4 wonderful loving boys.  She is an amazing women who serves others joyfully.  As I have known her throughout the years she has worked at schools, done crossing for schools while taking time to talk to each child as they crossed the street.  She has served in the nursery at church, picked up people. and taken them to and from church.  She has let women live with her and she has served many by dog and cat sitting.  Betsi is a joy to many.  She attends meetings, choir and high school reunion get togethers and  she always gives someone a ride.
An experience I love about Betsi is she has a blind friend and this blind friend lives by hersefl and Betsi goes to her house and helps her all the time.  She takes this blind friend to fairs and events and describes what is going on to her in full detail very patiently.
When my children were little she would take them on the bus around Tacoma and they would visit their favorites.... bridge of glass, the water and the mall.  She would take them to Vics and let them pick out tresures and I learned from her to be patient and stand still while they look and question and watch.  She acted like she had all the time in the world for them.  I love her so much because she has always loved me, accepted me and shown me great qualities that I can make mine!
Happy Mothers Day,
Love you!