Sunday, May 12, 2013

I love being a Mom

I get home from work on Friday afternoon. Frankly I was not in a hurry to get home. I knew we were having pizza and I knew we had to leave at 6;15 for a basketball game for Logan in Provo. I had gone tanning and went to Smiths for sliced carrots. As I came through the door all 4 of my kids plus Alida were all sitting there and they looked so happy to see me. " Finally", they said. I see these gift bags with men on them and a pink card. "What's up?" I ask. They have made up a song and are all laughing as they say it's Mothers Day now.
So I open these gift bags and I am puzzled with what is inside. It is like mish-mash.  I am trying to be nice and say nice things about what I am opening but I am confused and so I play along.  I open it all and say nice things and settle back in the chair.  We are going to eat now and then Colby says"Mom, you were too nice". 
These were crazy gifts, now for the real ones.  They are all giggling and being so cute. 
He leaves the room and brings back these.
Inside the pretty pink bag was the wallet and the I Pad and inside the Starbucks bag was this amazing tea cup that also brews the tea.  They were so funny, and cute and so excited to give me the gifts.  It is fun to have older children.  Mothers day today was good, delicious food, nice Sunday at church and a beautiful day outside. Also, the first strawberry shortcake of the season!