Monday, June 6, 2011

I feel like a stay at home mom today

It's the first day of summer vacation and I feel like a stay at home mom today!

Alarm goes off at 5:35!  (earlier than a school day)
What would make someone on their first day of summer get up this early?
Take Logan to football practice at Westlake
Car drives out and in
Went on a jog outside...no kids out going to school to laugh at me!
30 whole minutes...no need to rush back!
Put in a load of sheets
Took Jake to the bus...summer school at UVU
Car drives out and in
Switched laundry
Took Logan to a basketball camp at Westlake
Car drives out and in
Switched laundry
Put some chicken in to marinade (recipe below)
Done with sheets got Logan's laundry- poor boy had to get shorts from dirty clothes to wear to camp 
and for the mother of the year award........
(no clean underwear he had to wear underarmour)
Went and got my hair cut
Car drives out and in
Picked Logan up from basketball camp he gets in the car and greets me with "that was fun, my shot was on."
Car drives out and in
Go and get Jake at bus stop
Car drives out and in
Also vacuumed and unloaded dishwasher

Why is this so great?  Because I am usually at work!
I love stuff like this.
I am like the mom's who came into my school and were doing stuff all day for their kids.
I envied them.
I wished my kids weren't all grown up.
I would tell them it goes fast and they do not believe me unless they have older kids.

car count ....6 times by 1:30!



The Recipe

Logan had Foods at school and brought home several good recipes.  This is one of them.  We have had it like it says twice but today I have chicken breasts marinating and am going to serve it with cheesy rice  (Rice a Roni) and am just going to broil the pieces of chicken, no skewers.


Teriyaki Shish Kebabs
combine in a plastic bag
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 tea ginger
1/2 tea garlic powder
Add 1 lb boneless beef sirloin cubes.  Refer all night. 
Drain beef.
Thread meat,  canned pineapple chunks, green pepper chunks, onion chunks and whole mushrooms on skewers.  If using wooded ones let them soak in water 10 minutes before filling.
Turn oven on to broil and place kebabs on broiler pan.  Cook 7-8 min each side.  Serve with rice.