Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Seen it from the other viewpoint!

3 duty guards usually
Playground teeming with kids
Running, jumping,sliding, pushing,choosing teams for games
Yesterday I experienced it!
One duty guard was at 5th grade camp at Clear Creek
One duty guard was running late
So I donned on a orange safety vest, grabbed a new whistle
And helped out

I loved it, the sun was out, it was not that cold, I could see the lake where I had my duty staked out and the kids, oh so cute. One group of boys playing football reminded me of my own boy back in the day. He lived for football at recess and one even looked like him... short sleeve t shirt, sweats and gloves on hands that's all....no coat or sweatshirt.

But I saw what it looks like out there and saw what it's like on the other side of recess before they come in to me hurt. From now on if they do come all the way in hurt to me I will know that they have come a long way and they have been playing hard. I will know that it is just a few that I actually see hurt and there is so much more that goes on out there.

Those 3 duty guards that are out there everyday deserve my upmost respect. They should get double pay for that hour they are out here, there should be more of them and they are the BEST!