Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Can I call home?

Yesterday it seemed like 100 kids came down to call home. Today I decided to keep track.

At least 15 kids came down, anything from I have a headache to my stomach hurts, my braces hurt, I was home sick yesterday and I came back too early, I hurt my head, I got a bee sting (really? it has snowed and been freezing like 18 degrees in the morning how are those bees still alive?)

We had a dislocated finger today and a 3rd grade boy scratched the back of a 6th grade boy's neck down to blood. The duty guard were sure there was a bobcat out by the fence but it was a big house cat.

But this was the cutest statement of the day. This was told to us by a girl around 8 years old

I need to call my mom, I have something wrong with me that won't harm anyone but it hurts when I pee so I have to take these big orange pills and now my stomach hurts. Since this was right before her lunch we had her go and eat and if it still hurt she could come back and we would call her mom.

It was so cute when she said it won't harm anyone. I had to hide my smile.

With all those kids coming down I figured it was 10% today. Pretty high number I think.