Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Try It Tuesday #6

Hot Hot Hot day today.

 I planned this meal knowing it was going to be hot and also knowing that I was talking Kelsi back to UVU to retest her English score.

 It was 102 at UVU and I was reading in the parking lot drinking a Diet Mt Dew. It was so hot driving back and forth with no air conditioning, I almost lost my breath. The good news she passed with a score of 95. She is on the waiting lists of several English classes and the funny thing is they are all on the same time slot. 

This week's Try It Tuesday was a salad

 I got the recipe from the cookbook "What's for Dinner"

 It was so good I will definitely make it again. 

 I know you seasoned cooks don't need a recipe for Chef Salad

 I did! And as a side note, no eggs!! 



Jake said this was the best thing I have made and he has requested it again.. 
 Dad look at all my pepper on my plate!!

Have you tried the frozen biscuits??? Delicious!!!

Chef Salad
1 head lettuce
1 cucumber, sliced
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup chopped celery
2 tomatoes, quartered
1/4 inch Swiss cheese (I used white Jack)
1/4 inch thick turkey slice
1/4 inch thick ham slice
1/4 inch cheddar cheese
croutons

Tear lettuce into large bowl.  Add cucumber, onions, and celery.  Toss.  Cut cheeses and meats into 2 inch cubes.  Arrange cheeses, meats, tomatoes on top.  Serve with dressing and croutons.  


I layered mine in a pretty dish.  I used my favorite homemade Ranch.
 I purchased the meat at the deli counter asking them to cut me a thick slice.