Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Things Will Tug At Your Heart ..... in Washington"

This is Merle. She is 96 years old. We planned a family get together at the Brydsons' Monday night and guess what she did? She made me shortbread. Merle remembered that I love her shortbread at Christmas. I used to make a big deal about it. So even though it was a very hot day and she is older, she made me shortbread. She said when we saw me, "Michelle, I have never made shortbread in July or when it is this hot." I just love her. I actually cried and hugged her.  She was very sweet to remember me and my likes.
Angie has a daughter who I have never met until now.  What a cutie. 
Just like her mom.  4 generations of Reis family.  What a pleasure to see them and visit. 
Kim's family together.  Kelsi and Logan got it for the first time how I grew up in my early married days with these brothers of Kim's and their wives.  How we all got together and became friends, sister in laws,  how we talked, laughed and were having kids at the same time.  Kelsi and Logan have a lot of cousins within their ages.  What fun to see the family together.