Thursday, January 17, 2013

Overheard in the copy center

Preamble:  Next year our area is opening a second junior high that will feed into our high school.  As a result we are losing about 15 teachers because we are changing into a high school that will only be 10-12 grade.  Several teachers have had meetings with the new admin there to express interest in working at the new Jr high school, but there can be no jobs given or promises made until a certain date or it is against the law (school law).



Someone asks Mr B, "Are you going to be here next year?"  (Mr B is a math teacher who is also a retired principal.)

Mr B says, " I don't know yet."

The man teacher, "Why not?  Are you going to the Jr high?"

Mr B answers, "No, I am waiting to see if Mr G gets a job here next year or at the Jr high.  If he does not I will give him my job because he has a wife and kids and is building a house out here.  I don't need it.  He has a family."

As I was listening to this tears sprung in my eyes.


This is why I love my job, who I work with and where I work.