Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Thanksgiving Table





When I was planning this holiday meal I got excited for the table decorations.  I had gourds, lanterns, burlap ribbon, some greenery and the cutest salt and pepper shakers shaped like pumpkins sitting in a wagon.  When my sister, Shannon got to my house I turned the tables decoration over to her completely and she did not disappoint.  They looked so good.  Also, when I was thinking of this holiday together I decided to make everyone a matching apron.  I saw Thanksgiving fabric at the store and when I went back to buy it it was too expensive.  I was just standing there trying to figure out what to do and lo and behold as a total surprise that day, my twin sister, Faith who can put fabric together like no other, came strolling by.  She picked out the fabric for the aprons and I made them and they turned out great.  I even made my dad one as he is the biggest help in the kitchen, the dishwasher and the potato peeler.