Thursday, October 6, 2011

Always think of cute blog posts.....

I always think of cute blog posts........when I am at work!
By the time I get home, all is forgotten.

I turned the corner at work.  I like it now!
It is not so busy that I can't keep up.
I know what to expect each hour...
I can give good customer service......to all, even the snotty students who can't say please.
I am on a routine with my house cleaning, finally, bathrooms on Wednesday, vacuuming on Thursday.  Then the Saturday I can mop.  I always do laundry, if I am home the machine is running.

The principal called me into his office and asked that we try and reduce our paper usage 20%.  He sent out an email and the teachers have been trying.  One way is they are making class sets of the questions and the kids have to use their own notebook paper to answer the questions.  I remember doing it this way when I was in school.  This is an example, every day I use 2 boxes of paper (20 reams)and probably 5 reams of color paper.  Because color paper is more by the box by about 7-10 dollars, if I can reduce color copy paper by one ream a day, I can save 220.00 a month.  Right now we spend 18,000 a year on paper.  So right there it is 10% saving.

This is the funny part and how will I tell this to the principal.......
Every month the copy technicians come to read all our copiers total copies made.  They do this at all the places they service the machines.  I said to him I want you to graph the highest number of copies and the amount of times you are at the schools on a chart and I bet I make the most copies and you are here the least.
He came in today and said I won for the most copies made by all their machines.  I even beat Lone Peak High School.
(but how can I tell the principal that, it proves what he said about us making too many and waste)

My son, Colby who we thought was done with college had to go back to Central Wa University in Ellensburg for one more semester.  This will be his 6th year!  And no he is not a doctor!  He left his dog with us and that was weird at first but better now.  He will be done right after Thanksgiving.  And I thought I could finally have all my kids here for that holiday.  He is back taking freshman classes making up for the ones he had to drop when he had mono and was so sick and had to come home to get better.