Sunday, July 31, 2011

On a Beautiful Sunday Morning

You have got to make these scones!

1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 egg

In a small bowl, blend sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 and grease your baking sheet.  I used Crisco not Pam.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tarter and the salt. Cut in the butter. Stir in the sour cream mixture and the egg just until moistened.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
Roll or pat into a 3/4" think round.
Cut into 12 wedges and put on sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes.


When I added the baking soda to the sour cream it rose in the dish and I got excited and I texted my sister, Faith. No one in my house was awake to share this with!

After adding the egg and mixing I was worried because the dough did not come together but just dump it out on the floured surface and knead it and it comes right together.

Cut with a pizza cutter, works like a charm.

When they come out of the oven, butter them and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or raspberry jam.

These were so good, kids came up from downstairs half asleep and said these better be as good as they say...I got up for them.

These were so good that I jumped in my car and delivered one to Faith who lives in my same town.

These were so good.....they are gone. :(