Sunday, January 23, 2011

My friend

My friend has colon cancer. It hit me hard. I could barely function. I love this friend. We served in Young Women together for 3 years. I had countless meetings, activities and 2 Youth Conferences and Girls Camps with her. Oh, how you get to know and love someone spending time serving with them. She loves math, just started teaching it again at Salt Lake Community College. When she was supposed to be starting her new term on Tuesday she met with her oncologist.
She will have chemo every other Tuesday for several months. My friend and I made a blog to keep our friends posted on her condition. We used her name and said she summed it up as the title. We gave her a "chemo kit" before her first day of chemo and had a nice visit with her. She can do hard things!
I wish her the best!