Sunday, January 23, 2011

Michelle's Bed and Breakfast

I am way behind on things I want to post because I have been waiting for these pictures. My camera is broken so I am at the expense of Kelsi's time schedule meshing with mine and oh man has mine been busy. My main secretary at my school is in Hawaii and so I have been working extra hours. I have had constant new students and 6 more starting this week. I have been experiencing difficult trials and trying to stay on top of my mood.

During the Christmas holiday I decided to treat my family as if I was at a Bed and Breakfast. Let me tell you I did this for my own self to stay mentally happy about serving and doing. I was at a pretty low time and could have just thrown it out the window. Let me tell you it worked. I made great breakfasts and cleaned it up. Once when the napkin holder was empty again I said to myself instead of grumbling about filling it again, "at a Bed and Breakfast I would fill the napkin holder again and again." It worked with the trash too. Sometimes during the 2 weeks of Michelle's Bed and Breakfast I would unload the dishwasher 3 times in a day! Yuk. I have teenagers who eat into the night and I would always go to bed with a clean kitchen and arise to something in the sink. Just the mindset that I was working a bed and breakfast made all the difference.


I used this handy cutter to cut fresh potatoes one morning for hash browns. Kelsi loves them this way.



Delicious muffins from Lehi Roller Mills mix and Betty Crocker.



A big pile of bacon and dutch babies and hot chocolate. It was so cold here during Christmas. You forget in the summer how cold it gets here in the winter!