Saturday, November 27, 2010

There's nothing like a church gym on a Saturday Morning

Logan had a church ball game Saturday. I cheerfully offered to drive him and stay and watch. How I love the smell and feel of a church on a Saturday morning. It brings back such good memories. I have watched 2 older boys and now Logan....when I was a newly wed I went and watched Kim play and I love it.





This was a fun game to watch Logan play. I have been used to watching him play for AAU and the city and the Westlake team and it is hard work. He does not get to play the position he likes and they full court press and really rebound and move fast. Today's game was slow and easy and he had fun. He smiled and shot and moved around the court so well. He had at least 14 points and it was fun for him.

I played church basketball while I was growing up. I learned the rules and tried so hard but never was any good. I played with my sister and my friends and one of my friends, Denise, played on the school team and she was good. She put her shoulder down and drive the ball to the court. We had to wear sweats, no bare legs. We put our shorts over our sweats. My twin and I matched. We had the best time driving around and picking everyone up. We had to go across the water to play in the Bremerton building and it was far enough we had to have the whole team in the car so we could play.